Motherhood has changed me, for better or worse! A lot has changed in my life since becoming a mom. For instance, before becoming a mom I never thought I would:
- photograph poop.
- share photos of poop with my friends and family.
- eat Mac and Cheese for lunch 5 straight days in a row.
- get dressed in the morning–almost EVERY morning–by changing out of black yoga pants (my P.J’s) into black yoga pants (my “outfit”).
- count a solo trip to the grocery store as “me time”.
- choose a restaurant based on the following criteria: noise level (the louder the better), food selection (chicken nuggets must be on the menu), and whether the high chairs have properly functioning restraint devices.
- own 57 balls (and counting…).
- actually look forward to dentist visits (one of the only times I get to be by myself, lay in a *relatively* comfy chair and zone out for an hour).
- get poop or spit-up on my clothes and debate whether it’s really worth changing my outfit.
- spend my few-and-far-between date nights talking about the very children I left just a moment ago.
- enjoy folding laundry–sometimes (baby clothes are so cute!).
- use plastic party cups to scoop poop out of the tub (in another life those held a nice, cold adult beverage).
- schedule my showers like I used to schedule hair appointments–phone calls and calendar entries required.
- get a song stuck in my head only to realize it’s the made-up tune played by the baby bouncer or the jumperoo.
- forget to shut the bathroom door when guests are in my house.
- let the dog lick of the baby’s face after a meal.
- wake up to the baby’s cries, get dressed for the day and walk out of my room only to realize that it’s 3 AM
- flash an innocent bystander when the baby suddenly rips the nursing cover off of his face.
- know every. single. word. in the “Birthday Party” episode of Blue’s Clues.